What is Speechcraft? Speechcraft is a program run by Toastmasters and designed to help you develop effective and energetic public speaking and leadership skills.
The course consists of six 2-hour workshops held weekly from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
Who can attend? The course is open to anyone over 18. (Courses can sometimes be arranged to accommodate 16 – 18 year-olds)
How much does it cost? The cost is $100 for the full six-week course including course materials.
Where is it held? The course is held at Chermside Community Health Centre, 490 Hamilton Rd, Chermside, in the HACC Training Room. There is plenty of free, easy parking right outside the room.
When is the next course? We run the course four times each year – one per school term.
Next course:- Term 4, 2019 commences Monday 14th October 2019
Course Dates: 14th, 21st, 28th October, 4th, 11th, 18th November.
*** ENROLMENTS ARE NOW OPEN ***
How do I enrol? You can enrol via Eventbrite (preferred) or by Contacting Us direct. (see below for details.) Enrolments open about 4-6 weeks before and close 1 week prior to the course starting. Late enrolments may be accepted if vacancies exist, but we do recommend registering as soon as possible, as places are limited.
This is our preferred method of registration and allows you to pay securely online via debit/credit card in one easy transaction. You will receive an email confirmation from Eventbrite, including your ticket.
Don’t have an Eventbrite login? That’s fine, you can still purchase your ticket using guest/visitor only access. If using a mobile phone, you may need to first download the app which is easily done via your phone’s app store.
To enrol online via Eventbrite, CLICK HERE > Book Now via Eventbrite
(You will be re-directed to the Eventbrite on-line booking system).
If you prefer to pay by direct deposit, please email us. (Go to Contact Us page). We will book you into our course. A bank deposit for the course fee ($100) is required within 3 days to confirm your place.
Our bank details are as follows:
Bank: – Westpac Banking Corporation
Account Name: – Stafford Heights Toastmasters Club – Speechcraft
BSB: – 034-090
Account No.: – 101969
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR LAST NAME AS THE REFERENCE
Dates for future courses (Enrolments will open 4-6 weeks prior to the start date):-
- Term 1, 2020 – 3rd February to 9th March
- Term 2, 2020 – 11th May to 15th June
- Term 3, 2020 – 20th July to 24th August
- Term 4, 2020 – 12th October – to 16th November
For further info., just email us See Contact Us page, or phone 1300 920 621.
SCROLL DOWN FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
More about Speechcraft
Speechcraft is a program run by Toastmasters and designed to help you develop effective and energetic public speaking and leadership skills. You will learn these skills during 6 two hour meetings run by Stafford Heights Toastmasters. During each meeting you will learn and practice speaking and evaluation skills, and you will have the opportunity to learn from experienced speakers.
You will learn and practice in a friendly, non-threatening environment. There are no instructors or professors, and you won’t be “graded” on your work or progress. You will be learning these speaking skills with other people who are there for the same reason you are. You will be guided in your learning by people just like you, people who also once feared public speaking. Together you will help one another grow and develop as speakers. And, best of all, you will have fun as you learn.
At the end of the course you will receive a certificate to show you have completed the Speechcraft course and a letter for your CV.
The format to Speechcraft is very similar to the format of a typical Toastmaster’s meeting and if you wished to join Toastmasters to further hone your speaking skills, after you finish the course, you would be most welcome to do so.
How will you benefit?
• Develop better speaking and presentation skills
• Listen carefully and analytically to others
• Learn to think quickly and clearly on your feet
• Learn to control nerves (overcome those um’s and ah’s)
• How to perform different speaking roles eg: how to be MC at a wedding
The Speechcraft course consists of a 2 hour workshop (7:00PM to 9:00PM) per week for 6 weeks covering topics such as:
• Planning your presentation or speech (structure, content and organisation)
• Practical exercises in presenting 2 prepared speeches and other smaller segments on the programme with hints for improvement from a Toastmaster
• Role of Master of Ceremonies
• Impromptu speaking (techniques to think quickly on your feet)
• Controlling nerves and stage fright
• The role of language and vocal variety (verbal and vocal components)
• Body language (non-verbal component of a speech)
• Different speaking roles (toasts, eulogies, award presentations, vote of thanks, speeches at a wedding)
• Individual communication preferences (what you see, hear, feel)
• Benefits and use of visual aids / overheads / microphone / flip charts / objects (props)
For further info., just email us. See Contact Us page, or phone 1300 920 621.
TOASTMASTERS – WHERE LEADERS ARE MADE